Thursday, October 14, 2004

Politics

I have made a consious decision not to write too much about politics, especially the current US politics on my blog. There are literarily thousands of blogs out there covering the topic. However, I will jot down some thoughts as soon as I get the time. Right now, I am just too busy finishing up and submitting three papers at the same time.

I did see the beginning of the Bush-Kerry debate last night. There was a kind of funny moment - Kerry was quoting Bush having mentioned that he did not think much about Osama Bin Laden. Bush responded, in an obviously rehearsed non-chalant manner: "I just don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden. It's kind of one of those exaggerations." As expected, Bush pronounced the word 'exaggeration' with some effort - but then he got it right and there was a marked satisfaction and thrill on his face. It was like a small child being able to open the wrapper on his cancy for the first time on his own !!



iPodcurrent: Start me Up - Rolling Stones

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home